Clinical Scholar – Temporary Part-Time
KDH is seeking a Clinical Scholar to join the team on a Temporary Part-Time basis (tentative end date of March 31, 2024 – possible extension depending on Ministry funding).
The Clinical Scholar will provide formalized mentorship to newly graduated nurses to support their transition into the workforce, Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) and nurses seeking to upskill to aid transition into the nursing workforce.
In addition to the Hospital’s requirements for commitment to the Mission and Philosophy of Care the following are requirements for this position:
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Minimum five years of clinical experience;
- Current BCLS, ACLS, and CPR certifications;
- Previous experience teaching, or equivalent experience precepting, working with clinical learners or orienting new staff;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines;
- Familiar with CNO Entry to Practice Competencies and Professional Nursing Standards;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Demonstration of leadership and facilitator/coaching skills;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Epic);
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety;
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the hospital;
- Current membership in a professional association (preferred).
Schedule: This position will include shifts, primarily evenings and weekends.
Please note: In order to work in a healthcare facility, the Public Hospitals Act 1990, Regulation 965 requires all employees to provide proof of up-to-date immunization/vaccines for the following diseases: Tuberculin Skin Testing (TB), Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/Diphtheria (DTap), Influenza (during flu season) and three COVID shots. This proof must be provided to our Occupational Health Office in order to be cleared to work.
Submit your resumé and covering letter to:
PO Box 2007, Kemptville, Ontario, K0G 1J0 • Fax 613.258.7853 • firstname.lastname@example.org
All information submitted will be kept in strict confidence. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you submit your resumé you will be considered for all open positions for which you qualify. We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with KDH. Please be advised that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Kemptville District Hospital. We are committed to providing an environment that is respectful to all. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.