Diabetes Nurse Educator – Permanent Part-Time
KDH is seeking a Diabetes Nurse Educator on a permanent part-time basis. The successful candidate will share the KDH commitment to Patient and Family Centred Care and possess the following qualifications and related experience.
- Registered Nurse with a current certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- B.Sc.N. (preferred, not required);
- Certified Diabetes Educator;
- Minimum of 3 years’ recent related experience with demonstrated excellence in clinical practice;
- Recent experience in planning, implementing and evaluating formal education programs for adults in group and individual settings;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team;
- Demonstrated teaching ability and experience in developing educational tools/materials;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and unexpected situations;
- Demonstrated ability to understand, utilize and participate in research and quality improvement initiatives;
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical decision making and patient assessment skills;
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, interpersonal, and presentation (oral and written) skills, and sensitivity to multicultural clientele;
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support;
- Demonstrated ability to use computer applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Starting Wage: $33.90 or past experience recognition as per Article 19.05 of the ONA Central Agreement.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: In light of the current IT disruption at KDH, candidates are requested to drop off their applications at KDH (via the screener at the ER entrance) or mail them to Kemptville District Hospital, 2675 Concession Road, PO Box 2007, Kemptville, ON, K0G 1J0.
Submit your resumé and covering letter to:
PO Box 2007, Kemptville, Ontario, K0G 1J0 • Fax 613.258.7853 • email@example.com
All information submitted will be kept in strict confidence. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you submit your resumé you will be considered for all open positions for which you qualify. We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with KDH. Please be advised that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Kemptville District Hospital. We are committed to providing an environment that is respectful to all. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.