Maintenance Mechanic – Permanent Full-Time
KDH is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic with an Ontario 4th Class Operating Engineer’s Certificate to join the team on a permanent full-time basis. The successful candidate will share the KDH commitment to Patient and Family Centred Care and possess the following qualifications and related experience.
- Grade 12 Secondary School diploma required;
- Minimum of Ontario 4th Class Operating Engineer’s Certificate, in accordance with the TSSA and Ontario Operating Engineers Act;
- Working knowledge of building and plumbing codes as well as the ability to read and understand construction documents/shop drawings/single line diagrams;
- Working knowledge of building automation systems and in several fields such as mechanical, plumbing, low voltage and arc flash electrical, carpentry and pipefitting;
- Capable of meeting the high physical demands of the job (i.e. repetitive lifting and bending);
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Capable of sharing stand-by and call-back responsibilities.
Starting rate of pay: $29.49 per hour
Please note: In order to work in a healthcare facility, the Public Hospitals Act 1990, Regulation 965 requires all employees to provide proof of up-to-date immunization/vaccines for the following diseases: Tuberculin Skin Testing (TB), Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/Diphtheria (DTap) and Influenza (during flu season).This proof must be provided to our Occupational Health Office in order to be cleared to work.
Submit your resumé and covering letter to:
PO Box 2007, Kemptville, Ontario, K0G 1J0 • Fax 613.258.7853 • firstname.lastname@example.org
All information submitted will be kept in strict confidence. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you submit your resumé you will be considered for all open positions for which you qualify. We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with KDH. Please be advised that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Kemptville District Hospital. We are committed to providing an environment that is respectful to all. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.