Manager, Nursing Services, Permanent Full-Time
KDH is looking to expand its leadership team in the role of Manager, Nursing Services, on a permanent, full-time basis. This position previously led the Emergency Department and Inpatient Services. As our team evolves, we are looking to bring on a strong leader with experience and/or aptitude in a few of the following areas: Emergency, Inpatient Med/Surg and Education. The portfolio will be determined based on the incumbent’s skill sets. Applicants with these experiences and skills are encouraged to apply.
In addition to the Hospital’s requirements for commitment to the Mission and Philosophy of Care, as well as the demonstrated ability to attend, the following are requirements for this position:
- A College of Nurses of Ontario member with a B.Sc.N; Master’s degree preferred;
- Recent leadership/management experience in a hospital setting (within the last three years, in ER, Med/Surg, Critical Care and/or Education);
- Experience leading quality improvement initiatives;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal conflict resolution skills, through practicing active listening and respectful communication;
- Proven facilitation, planning, collaboration, execution and leadership skills;
- Experience with electronic documentation in an electronic health record;
- Ability to gain support and commitment from team members and direct reports and work towards a common goal;
- Ability to understand the key relationships, diverse interest groups within her/his own department(s) and the organization;
- Experience in providing quality, patient-centered care and mentoring staff to achieve and deliver the same;
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills; ability to understand business implications of opportunities and decisions and implement strategies to improve the functioning of her/his department(s) and organization;
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Epic.
Please note: In order to work in a healthcare facility, the Public Hospitals Act 1990, Regulation 965 requires all employees to provide proof of up-to-date immunization/vaccines for the following diseases: Tuberculin Skin Testing (TB), Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/Diphtheria (DTap), Influenza (during flu season) and three COVID shots. This proof must be provided to our Occupational Health Office in order to be cleared to work.
Submit your resumé and covering letter to:
PO Box 2007, Kemptville, Ontario, K0G 1J0 • Fax 613.258.7853 • firstname.lastname@example.org
All information submitted will be kept in strict confidence. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you submit your resumé you will be considered for all open positions for which you qualify. We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with KDH. Please be advised that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Kemptville District Hospital. We are committed to providing an environment that is respectful to all. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.