Occupational Therapist – Permanent Part-Time
KDH is looking for an Occupational Therapist on a permanent part-time (o.4 FTE) basis.
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for the assessment, treatment and education of clients whose ability to function has been impaired by surgery, physical/emotional illness or injury. The Therapist will provide goal oriented programs with the focus on behaviour and skill acquisition or adaptation to allow more independent functioning in the areas of home/work/leisure. Participating as a team member in assessing quality and making recommendations for improvement, the Occupational Therapist practices within their own level of competence and ensures practice congruent with College Standards and code of ethics.
The successful candidate will share the KDH commitment to Patient and Family Centred Care and possess the following skills and related qualifications.
- B.Sc. Occupational Therapy;
- Member of the College of Occupational Therapists;
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) trained and certified;
- Recent experience with total joint replacement surgery including pre-hab teaching, assessment and inpatient follow-up;
- Wheelchair, positioning, ambulation authorizer with Assistive Devices Program;
- Preferred member of CAOT and OSOT;
- Must possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and be proficient in the use of the computer.
Starting Wage: $34.18/hour or past experience recognition as per Article 25.02 of the OPSEU Central Agreement.
Submit your resumé and covering letter to:
PO Box 2007, Kemptville, Ontario, K0G 1J0 • Fax 613.258.7853 • firstname.lastname@example.org
All information submitted will be kept in strict confidence. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you submit your resumé you will be considered for all open positions for which you qualify. We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with KDH. Please be advised that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Kemptville District Hospital. We are committed to providing an environment that is respectful to all. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.