Team Leader – Registered Nurse/OR – Permanent Full Time
KDH is seeking a permanent full time Team Leader – Registered Nurse/OR for the Operating Room, Pre-Op, PACU, Outpatient Clinic and MDRD units who shares our commitment to Patient and Family Centred Care. As a Team Leader with a two day working OR assignment, this position is also responsible for coordinating the functional operation of the Medical Device Reprocessing department.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (preferred);
- Experience as a Team Leader (recent 2-3 years);
- Recent Operating Room experience (5-8 years and within the last year);
- Current BCLS and ACLS Certificates;
- Operating Room Certificate or CPNC;
- Knowledge and ability to enhance continuum of care, teamwork and cohesion;
- Ability to respond to large numbers of simultaneous demands from staff, surgeons, logistical services, Human Resources, etc.;
- Expert communication skills with a variety of individuals and groups;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Demonstration of leadership and facilitator/coaching skills;
- Ability to be an effective change agent;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Anzer);
- Recovery Room or critical care education preferred;
- Telehealth education and experience preferred;
- Knowledge of ORNAC and NAPAN standards preferred;
- Knowledge of MDRD standards preferred;
- Rural hospital experience an asset;
- Current membership in a professional association preferred.
Starting Wage: $35.25 or past experience recognition as per Article 19.05 of the ONA Central Agreement.
Please note: In order to work in a healthcare facility, the Public Hospitals Act 1990, Regulation 965 requires all employees to provide proof of up-to-date immunization/vaccines for the following diseases: Tuberculin Skin Testing (TB), Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/Diphtheria (DTap) and Influenza (during flu season).This proof must be provided to our Occupational Health Office in order to be cleared to work.
Submit your resumé and covering letter to:
PO Box 2007, Kemptville, Ontario, K0G 1J0 • Fax 613.258.7853 • email@example.com
All information submitted will be kept in strict confidence. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you submit your resumé you will be considered for all open positions for which you qualify. We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with KDH. Please be advised that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Kemptville District Hospital. We are committed to providing an environment that is respectful to all. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.