Team Leader – RN -M&S/Ortho/CCP/ILTC/ER – Permanent Full Time
KDH is seeking a permanent full time Team Leader – Registered Nurse for the M&S/Ortho/CCP/ILTC/ER units who shares our commitment to Patient and Family Centred Care.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (preferred);
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Recent Clinical Team Leader experience (3-5 years);
- Recent Medical, Surgical, Gerontology and ER experience (3-5 years);
- Long Term Care experience;
- Basic Arrhythmia Interpretation course and experience;
- Experience with MDS-RAI;
- ER and Critical Care certificates;
- Current BCLS, ACLS and TNCC certificates;
- Strong knowledge of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Act;
- Ability to learn and apply hospital policies and procedures, relative legislation, collective agreements, Canadian Hospital Accreditation Standards and Professional Disciplines Standards for Ontario;
- Knowledge and ability to enhance continuum of care, teamwork and cohesion;
- Ability to respond to large numbers of simultaneous demands from staff, physicians, logistical services, Human Resources, etc.;
- Expert communication skills with a variety of individual and groups;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Demonstration of leadership and facilitator/coaching skills;
- Ability to be an effective change agent;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, RAI, Anzer).
Starting Wage: $35.25 or past experience recognition as per Article 19.05 of the ONA Central Agreement.
Hours of Work: 07:00 am to 15:00 pm (Monday to Friday). Must be able to work evenings, nights and weekends occasionally
Please note: In order to work in a healthcare facility, the Public Hospitals Act 1990, Regulation 965 requires all employees to provide proof of up-to-date immunization/vaccines for the following diseases: Tuberculin Skin Testing (TB), Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/Diphtheria (DTap) and Influenza (during flu season).This proof must be provided to our Occupational Health Office in order to be cleared to work.
Submit your resumé and covering letter to:
PO Box 2007, Kemptville, Ontario, K0G 1J0 • Fax 613.258.7853 • email@example.com
All information submitted will be kept in strict confidence. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you submit your resumé you will be considered for all open positions for which you qualify. We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with KDH. Please be advised that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Kemptville District Hospital. We are committed to providing an environment that is respectful to all. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.