KDH has Launched Epic!
Epic is a powerful digital health information system that uses the latest technology to securely store, organize, and access patient records while maintaining patient privacy.
Epic gives patients better access to their own health information and more seamless care from their providers:
- With Epic’s private MyChart portal, patients will be able to see their medical history, diagnostic test results, upcoming appointments, lists of allergies and medications, and even educational materials. Learn more about MyChart.
- Epic gives the patient’s care team the information they need at their fingertips and is proven to reduce wait times, length of stay in hospital, and readmission.
On November 5, 2022 our hospital, along with two others in our region, ‘went live’ with Epic and joined the network of six existing healthcare organizations in Eastern Ontario who use the Epic digital health information system.
All the hospitals using Epic will have a seamless transition of patient information across sites, no matter where patients access care.
Read our joint media releases with Deep River & District Hospital and Winchester District Memorial Hospital, the other two hospitals that went live with Epic on November 5 along with KDH:
- ‘Epic’ countdown has begun at three Eastern Ontario hospitals
- Epic health information system at three Eastern Ontario hospitals ready to launch on November 5th
- To better serve patients, three Eastern Ontario hospitals are implementing ‘Epic’ new health information system