Patient feedback is very important to us as it provides an opportunity to improve the patient experience at Kemptville District Hospital.
This feedback includes compliments, inquiries, suggestions and complaints from our patients and their caregivers regarding their experience in the hospital.
We are committed to responding to patient concerns in a positive, supportive and timely manner.
If you have a concern during your stay:
- Speak with any member of your healthcare team. They will listen and respond to your concerns.
- Ask to speak to the Manager of the unit if you feel your concerns are not addressed by a member of the healthcare team.
- If you need further assistance, ask to speak to the Patient Relations Officer.
- If the Patient Relations Officer is not able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, it will be referred to the hospital’s CEO.
Please rest assured that raising a concern or issue will not negatively affect your care in any way.
How to provide feedback after discharge from the hospital:
At KDH we have in place processes for receiving, reviewing and attempting to resolve expeditiously complaints from patients and caregivers of patients. Although we welcome feedback from family and friends, our complaints process only addresses complaints from patients themselves (16 years of age and up and competent) or their caregivers.
Our Patient Relations Process both facilitates the resolution of complaints, and also allows us to receive suggestions and compliments.
Please feel free to get in touch with us by phone, email or post at the contact points below. In addition, you may receive a survey from a national healthcare measurement firm in the mail after your discharge. Our Quality Teams and Board of Directors review results of these surveys every three months – patient responses help us to improve our quality of care, so we encourage you to participate.
- Call Jenny Read, Patient Relations Officer, at 613.258.6133, extension 223.
- Send an email to Patient Relations.
- Send a letter to – Patient Relations, Kemptville District Hospital, P.O. Box 2007, 2675 Concession Road, Kemptville, ON, K0G 1J0.
If the Patient Relations Officer is not able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, your concern will be referred to the hospital’s CEO. If the CEO is not able to resolve the issue, you have the option of consulting the provincial Patient Ombudsman. Click here to view the Patient Ombudsman’s latest brochure, which includes information on what to expect when you make a complaint, and ways to make a complaint.