Patient feedback is very important to us as it provides an opportunity to improve the patient experience at Kemptville District Hospital.
This feedback includes compliments, inquiries, suggestions and complaints from our patients and their caregivers regarding their experience in the hospital.
We are committed to responding to patient concerns in a positive, supportive and timely manner.
If you have a concern during your stay:
- Speak with any member of your healthcare team. They will listen and respond to your concerns.
- Ask to speak to the Manager of the unit if you feel your concerns are not addressed by a member of the healthcare team.
- If you need further assistance, ask to speak to the Patient Relations Officer.
- If the Patient Relations Officer is not able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, it will be referred to the hospital’s CEO.
Please rest assured that raising a concern or issue will not negatively affect your care in any way.
How to provide feedback after discharge from the hospital:
At KDH we have in place processes for receiving, reviewing and attempting to resolve expeditiously complaints from patients and caregivers of patients. Although we welcome feedback from family and friends, our complaints process only addresses complaints from patients themselves (16 years of age and up and competent) or their caregivers.
Our Patient Relations Process both facilitates the resolution of complaints, and also allows us to receive suggestions and compliments. Please feel free to get in touch with us by phone, email or post at the contact points below.
- Call Jenny Read, Patient Relations Officer, at 613.258.6133, extension 223.
- Send an email to Patient Relations.
- Send a letter to – Patient Relations, Kemptville District Hospital, P.O. Box 2007, 2675 Concession Road, Kemptville, ON, K0G 1J0.
If the Patient Relations Officer is not able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, your concern will be referred to the hospital’s CEO. If the CEO is not able to resolve the issue, you have the option of consulting the provincial Patient Ombudsman. Click here to view the Patient Ombudsman’s latest brochure, which includes information on what to expect when you make a complaint, and ways to make a complaint.
Please complete our email survey if you receive one!
We have recently introduced a new and improved way to hear from you! You may receive a patient experience survey by email within two days of your visit to KDH. We would very much appreciate you completing the survey.
At KDH we strive for continuous quality improvement and are committed to providing exceptional, patient-centered and compassionate care. A critical piece in fulfilling this mission is understanding a patient’s experience when they receive care from us.
Through our new survey provider (Qualtrix) we are collecting patient experience data from people who have visited our emergency department, had a clinic/specialist appointment, day surgery or an inpatient stay.
The survey will be from Kemptville District Hospital email@example.com. Only patients who have given consent to receive the survey and who have provided their email address during registration will receive a survey.
Thank you for your feedback!