- The Foundation is responsible for personal information under its custody and control, and the Director of Fundraising and Communications is accountable for the Foundation’s compliance with this policy.
- When personal information is collected, the Foundation will identify the purposes for which it is being collected. Information collected will generally be limited to name, address and telephone number, which are not deemed personal information under the terms of current federal privacy legislation. It is the policy of the Kemptville District Hospital Foundation not to sell, share or rent donor lists with anyone. When donors make a gift to the Foundation, they are assured that their personal information remains private.
- The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
- The collection of personal information is limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified. Information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Personal information will be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information will protect personal information.
- Upon request, the Foundation will make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Upon request, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and will be given access to that information. An individual will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- An individual will be given the opportunity to address concerns regarding compliance with the above principles to the Director of Fundraising and Communications.
To get in touch with John Bouza, Executive Director of the KDH Foundation, call 613.258.6133, extension 194 or email email@example.com.
To get in touch with Mary Boucher, Development Officer, call 613.258.6133, extension 157, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.