Where to park
We have two parking lots. Choose the lower west parking lot labelled Emergency for –
- Emergency Department
- Day Surgery
- Inpatient Orthopaedic Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging (x-ray, ultrasound, mammography, etc.)
- Specialists’ Clinics
- Finance Office (to pay a bill)
- KDH Health Centre
Choose the upper east parking lot labelled Administration for –
- Visiting a patient in the hospital
- Visiting a resident of our Interim Long-Term Care/Convalescent Care unit
- Kemptville District Hospital Foundation
- Event or meeting in our Boardroom or Classroom
- Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
If you are visiting a patient or resident, or going to a meeting or event in the Boardroom or Classroom, use the Front South Entrance. For the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit, use the East Entrance.
- 0 to 20 minutes – no charge
- 20 minutes to 1 hour – $4
- After 1 hour to 2 hours – $5
- After 2 hours, maximum reached – $6*
- Weekly rate – $25
- Monthly rate – $50
- Lost ticket charge – $6
*Note that after you have paid the maximum daily rate of $6, your ticket is valid for multiple use for 24 hours
Here’s how the parking gates work:
- Push button for ticket (you will see a hand with a finger pointing to the button to push) ; a ticket will print, and the gates will open.
- Bring this ticket with you; do not leave it in the car unless you are just dropping someone off and you will be leaving the parking lot less than 20 minutes after you receive the ticket.
- If your stay is less than 20 minutes, you do not need to validate your ticket at the pay station; when you arrive at the exit gate and feed in your ticket, there will be no charge, and the gates will go up.
- Please be aware that at the 20 minute mark, you will owe the minimum rate to get out.
- Please be sure to validate your ticket (i.e., pay for parking) at the nearest pay station before you leave the hospital or the KDH Health Centre; alternatively, you can pay by credit card at the exit gates. The entrance ticket will be validated after you pay the parking rate that corresponds to how long you were parked on the lot.
- The following options for Parking Passes are available: Daily/Weekly/Monthly. Please make sure you keep the parking pass (which is the ticket you received on your first visit that you validated at the pay station) in good condition – keep it dry, do not fold it, etc. Once the ticket is changed to a pass, the pass gives in/out privileges. You will use the pass to get in and out; you will not push the button for a new ticket. The only time you need to validate a pass is when the pass expires (the expiry date will be printed on the ticket); a new payment will be required to update the card, and it is at this time that it would be advisable to use a new entrance ticket for the payment validation, just to ensure the card is in good shape for future use.
- If you have lost your ticket, press ‘lost ticket’; the parking fee will be $6, the same as the daily maximum.
- To exit the parking gates, put the ticket in the slot; if you have paid for the pass option, your ticket will be returned to you (please make sure you retrieve your ticket), and the gate will go up.
Location of Pay Stations:
- Hospital Pay Stations – Main lobby and new Clinic (North) entrance
- KDH Health Centre – Main hallway in the Health Centre
- Paying at Pay Stations – cash/credit card/debit card
- Paying at Exit Gates: credit card only
24/7 Customer Assistance:
The parking system is managed by Imperial Parking Canada Corporation or IMPARK. Kemptville District Hospital staff do not control operation and/or maintenance of the parking gate system. All calls for assistance will go directly to customer support.
- At the pay stations and gates, there is a silver tab that says ‘help”- slide the tab with your finger; behind it is a button that you will push to access assistance.
- After pushing the button, someone from the call centre will begin to speak to you and provide you with assistance at any of the pay stations or gates. Call centre staff are available 24/7 – the strategically placed security cameras at all pay stations and parking gates will enable call centre staff to assist clients with payment issues in “real time”.
Revenue generated from parking is reinvested into patient care. Kemptville District Hospital is not responsible for theft or damage to vehicles, including use of the parking gates.