Current COVID-19 Visitor Guidelines
Our current COVID-19 Visitor Guidelines were updated June 1, 2021. Please click here for current information by hospital department. Note that the Visitor Guidelines document contains information for people who are visiting on Palliative/Compassionate Grounds (Appendix A).
Studies have show that having visitors while in hospital can help speed up a patient’s recovery. We ask you to follow these guidelines:
Visiting a Patient
- Watch and listen for cues that your family member or friend needs to rest or have time alone.
- Be considerate of roommates, who may be sleeping or having a procedure done.
- Please don’t visit if you are sick. Patients can be put at risk if germs are brought into the hospital. If you have a fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, diarrhea or new rash, please stay home.
- Hand-washing is the best way to stop the spread of germs. Even if you are feeling well, you may be carrying germs that could make patients sick. Please use the hand sanitizer provided at hand cleaning stations throughout the hospital before and after each visit. Learn more about patient safety at KDH.
- KDH is a scent-free facility. In consideration of others who may suffer from allergies or chemical sensitivities, we ask that you don’t bring or send live flowers, or wear perfume or other scented products while at KDH.
- Please make sure any balloons you bring to the hospital are made of mylar, not latex. Latex balloons can cause severe allergic reactions in some people.