Made up of dedicated volunteers from our communities, the Board of Directors of Kemptville District Hospital is responsible for overseeing the operations of the Hospital and guiding its future in the health system.
The Board determines the Hospital’s mission and strategic direction, and supports their advancement. The Board is also responsible for the quality of patient care, and ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and regulatory obligations.
Responsibilities of the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors’ responsibilities are as follows:
• Ensure that the Hospital fulfills its mission
• Ensure that the Hospital protects its assets
• Ensure the ethical conduct of the organization
• Ensure a high standard of patient care by approving a process to evaluate and monitor all phases of the Hospital’s quality assurance programs and accreditation status
• Ensure the Hospital conforms to legislation and standards set by regulatory and advisory agencies
• Determine the Hospital’s vision and mission, and approve its philosophies and values
• Develop and update a strategic plan for the Hospital and ensure that all decisions are made in accordance with the plan
• Monitor and evaluate plans, programs and standards to ensure that they meet the Hospital’s priorities, goals and policies, and approve appropriate resources to achieve these objectives.
Committees of the Board
In order to effectively oversee the complex operations of the Hospital, the Board appoints Committees and delegates specific responsibilities to them.
The current committees of the KDH Board of Directors are Executive Committee, Governance, Fiscal Advisory Committee, Corporate Services, and Quality and Safety Committee. Click here to see committee participation.
For more information about the governance of Kemptville District Hospital, please click on any of the following links:
- Annual Reports
- Board Committee Terms of Reference
- Board Officers and Committee Participation
- Financial Statements
- Strategic Plan
Public Attendance at Board Meetings
There is a process in place to facilitate members of the public participating in and/or attending meetings of the Board of Directors. People wishing to attend Board meetings should notify the Board Secretary (Frank Vassallo, CEO) at least 72 hours before the scheduled Board meeting. People wishing to address or bring matters to the attention of the Board should submit their request to the Board Secretary in writing at least 14 days prior to the scheduled Board meeting. For details, please see our policy on public attendance at Board meetings. For the current list of scheduled meetings, click here.
Minutes of the KDH Board of Directors
- January 28, 2016
- February 25, 2016
- March 24, 2016
- April 28, 2016
- May 26, 2016
- Annual General Meeting June 23, 2016
- June 23, 2016
- September 15, 2016
- September 29, 2016
- October 27, 2016
- November 24, 2016
- January 26, 2017
- February 23, 2017
- March 23, 2017
- April 27, 2017
- May 25, 2017
- Annual General Meeting June 22, 2017
- June 22, 2017
- September 21, 2017
- October 26, 2017
- November 23, 2017
- January 25, 2018
- February 22, 2018
- March 22, 2018
- May 24, 2018